Dr. Kohut earned his Doctorate of Dental Surgery from the University of Detroit Mercy School of Dentistry in 2004. He continued on to complete a three-year surgical residency in periodontology at Nova Southeastern University College of Dental Medicine in Fort Lauderdale, where he was chief resident and recipient of the Fishman Award.
This advanced training certified him to practice as a specialist in periodontics and implantology. Upon completion of specialty training, Dr. Kohut obtained Diplomate status with the American Board of Periodontology, a recognized specialty of the American Dental Association.
Dr. Kohut is an active member of the following professional organizations:
- American Dental Association
- American Academy of Periodontology
- Texas Dental Association
- Colorado Dental Association
- International Team for Implantology
- Metro Denver District Society
- San Antonio District Dental Society